It Usually Takes Me More Than Three Weeks To Prepare A Good Impromptu Speech ~ Mark Twain
It takes me longer than three weeks to be prepared for an impromptu presentation.
It’ll probably take longer to be ready when a rare business opportunity arises.
If success seems to come easy for some, that’s because they’ve prepared themselves to be ready for the opportunity.
It’s the overnight success that took preparation and hard work.
What would you like to achieve in 2015? What opportunity are you hoping for?
- Publish a book that’s helpful to others?
- Be featured on an authoritative site so you can share your message?
- Be interviewed on national TV and Radio?
- Be a regular contributor to a magazine or a reputable industry site?
- Have an online teaching / coaching program?
- Have steady and regular income from your business?
- Do what you enjoy most (teaching or writing) while making a decent living?
Back in 2008, I started my journey in search of doing something meaningful online while making a decent living. These were some of the things I had hope would happen.
I am thankful that today this is a reality.
I’m thankful for the opportunities to consult and train. I’m thankful for clients that trust us with their marketing. And I’m thrilled to be doing series of interviews with a credible local business radio station on the topic of Content Marketing.
These were opportunities that came along the way and I’m glad I was ready with my impromptu actions.
What made it work? What created the opportunity for me?
- Positively thinking about it did nothing to me
- Neither did drawing pictures and hanging vision boards on my wall
What appears easy took hours of planning, research, production, and practice before it is ready for the public.
When I decided to pursue my new venture, I hired a personal marketing coach and worked on my plans with him. In fact, I had a few mentors at one time. I wanted to learn from those who were successful and I invested in learning from them.
I had to make a few arrangements for the coaching to work as we were in different time zones. And there was that negative self talk in my head that wanted to pull me back from venturing out.
But I know I needed to equip myself and be ready for the opportunities that lies ahead. So I worked hard towards my goals. We realigned plans as we tested the market. It took strategies and hard work for opportunity to finally find me.
Then opportunities start knocking. I started getting calls from new contacts, businesses started coming from people who found me on line.
I am thankful for the guidance, the strategy, the system and the hard work. And now, I’m helping my clients get ready for when their opportunity knocks. We engineer their luck.
I can’t quite describe the sense of fulfillment when I see clients’ business getting special exposure and growing.
- What sort of opportunity would you like to have this year?
- How will you prepare yourself to be ready to act when opportunity surfaces?
- Will your speech be well rehearsed when you get a chance to speak in front of an audience of 100, 000?Yes, that happened too. I’m absolutely thrilled to be invited to write for an authoritative site that has a subscriber base of 150,000.
Head over to Google Plus and share with me?
If you’d like to have a chat about creating your own opportunity just get in touch.